Verotel Members CLICK HERE
View membership types here
15 free views remaining today
Guest User   [Sign In]
50 cent News & Gossip
Page 3 of 4Jump 10 pages backwards    Previous Page    1  2  3  4      Next Page

NOV
50 Cent Says He Feels The Same Pressure As Britney Spears
Added 14 years agoSource: MTV
50 Cent Says He Feels The Same Pressure As Britney Spears
'They begin to resent you,' Fif says of the pressure the public puts on its favorite stars.By Shaheem Reid

50 cent

Photo: MTV News

50 cent says Before I Self Destruct is no different from his other three solo LPs; he feels like his back is against the wall every time he releases a new album.

"Absolutely, every project is the same for me," he told MTV News. "It feels like I'm back in the underdog space because I feel that doubt from the public where they go, 'Do you think he can do it again?' [They doubt you can] return to that space where you're generating that interest as before. Not the actual sales, not how people feel about you generally, but overall does it feel the way it felt in 2003? ... But I told them ahead of time, actually getting a chance to hear the record, is that this album was arguably better than Get Rich or Die Tryin'."

20-Oct-2020 :50 Cent says ?Vote for Trump?: ?I don?t care Trump doesn?t like black peo...
19-Feb-2019 :50 Cent just learned that a NYPD cop told officers to ?shoot him on sight...
17-Feb-2016 :50 Cent?s lawyers compare creditors? repayment plan to slavery
14-Jul-2015 :50 Cent on filing for bankruptcy: ?When you?re successful, you become a t...
13-Jul-2015 :50 Cent: I?m Bankrupt!
9-Jul-2013 :50 Cent Is a Good Dad
22-May-2012 :50 Cent has thoughts about gay marriage, gay dudes groping him in elevato...
30-Dec-2011 :50 Cent Drops a Pair of New Music Videos: Watch Now!
23-Mar-2011 :50 Cent says Chelsea Handler is confident, cool and not all that sexy
21-Dec-2010 :50 Cent: Burglary Victim
50 cent photos
50 cent news

NOV
50 Cent Delivers Big Laughs On 'The Tonight Show'
50 Cent Delivers Big Laughs On 'The Tonight Show'
Rapper cracked jokes about Bette Midler, his new fragrance and beef with Canadian kids on Tuesday's show.By Kyle Anderson

50 cent on the "Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" on Tuesday

Photo: NBC

For all of the beef 50 cent seems to find himself in, the guy actually has a pretty acute sense of humor. Those looking for proof need only watch his appearance on Tuesday night's episode of "The Tonight Show," in which 50 goofed around amiably with host Conan O'Brien for the better part of 10 minutes.

O'Brien touched on a number of topics, some more sensitive than others. He began by asking 50 about a photo snapped of him with his arm around Bette Midler. The two collaborated on restoring a park in 50's old neighborhood, and the rapper joked that he knew he had arrived at another level of fame when he had his picture taken with the veteran diva.

"I thought I was hot before I took that picture, but when my grandmother saw that, it was a different kind of energy," he said. "She was like, 'Baby, you made it! Do you know who that is?' "

The pair also talked about his most recent beef. Not the one with Jay-Z, but rather the one with a kid from Canada who posted a YouTube video calling the rapper a "media whore." Fif also explained his still-for-sale house in Connecticut (which features 13 bedrooms, a night club and a grotto) as well as a failed line of condoms and his new fragrance. "This is the smell of success right here," he explained. "People thought it would smell more like gunpowder, but we made some changes!"

After talking about his new album Before I Self Destruct (O'Brien offered to help track down the person responsible for leaking it), 50 disappeared for a segment before coming back to perform his latest single "Baby by Me."

20-Oct-2020 :50 Cent says ?Vote for Trump?: ?I don?t care Trump doesn?t like black peo...
19-Feb-2019 :50 Cent just learned that a NYPD cop told officers to ?shoot him on sight...
14-Jul-2015 :50 Cent on filing for bankruptcy: ?When you?re successful, you become a t...
22-May-2012 :50 Cent has thoughts about gay marriage, gay dudes groping him in elevato...
23-Mar-2011 :50 Cent says Chelsea Handler is confident, cool and not all that sexy
50 cent photos
50 cent news

NOV
50 Cent Says Eminem's Success Is 'Something To Work To'
50 Cent Says Eminem's Success Is 'Something To Work To'
'This is what keeps me down to Earth and working,' Fif says of his 'Psycho' collaborator.By Shaheem Reid

50 cent

50 cent says "Psycho," from his new Before I Self Destruct album, is totally different from "Patiently Waiting," even though the tracks feature the same collaborator, more or less.

"Well, 'Patiently Waiting' I perform with Eminem. On ['Psycho'], off of Before I Self Destruct, is 50 cent and Slim Shady," he explained. "He has an alter ego, and he has a comfort with doing things [that] are the craziest things possible. That's when the chainsaw comes out. He starts going nuts on you. I wanted him to be able to go to that space, so I worked the chorus and he heard the chorus and he's like, 'Yo, I like that.' I actually recorded ['Psycho'] in Las Vegas. Dre produced the track, we had a bunch of producers out there, and I went and laid the first verse. [Em] came and he heard it and he was like, 'Yo, I'm ready.' Wrote his verse, laid it. And then he started the next verse without me, I was like, 'Whoa, I really only wanted one verse. I was going to rap again on the third.' And then he just came in on that, so we went back and forth on the last piece. That song is crazy. That collaboration, we just got such a good energy around each other that we can be creative around each other."

50 cent photos
50 cent news

NOV
New Moon red carpet: Sparkles takes a bath!
Added 14 years agoSource: CeleBitchy
New Moon red carpet: Sparkles takes a bath!
Here are photos from the red carpet of the New Moon premiere in Los Angeles, held last night. Before I get into the stars of the film, I have to admit there are some wacky people on this red carpet. Jeffrey Dean Morgan?!? Why are you at the premiere of a tween film? 50 cent? There goes you street cred, dude.

Now, onto the stars and the fashion. Taylor Lautner wore a navy suit and looked about 12 years old - am I the only one who loses her jailbait crush when he?s fully dressed? Sparkles was in blue too, and he actually looked like he bathed and tried to tamp down his rat?s nest hair. The effect is startlingly good - Sparkles looks like a dreamboat! Meanwhile, Kristen was decked out in a gorgeous, romantic strapless ball gown. Her hair looks a bit grown out, her makeup looks flawless, and my only minor complaint is that she?s still slumping her shoulders. Stand up straight, kids! Here?s more about the event:

Guest list: Stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, along with castmates Dakota Fanning, Michael Welch, Justin Chon, Michael Sheen, Anna Kendrick, Elizabeth Reaser, Peter Facinelli, Ashley Greene, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed and Jackson Rathbone. Celebrity fans of the film franchise ?Glee’s Lea Michele, Ghost Whisperer’s Jennifer Love Hewitt with Jamie Kennedy, rapper 50 cent, singer and dancer Julianne Hough and rocker Richie Sambora (with daughter Ava) ? also were there.

Background: In the highly anticipated sequel, which opens Friday, Stewart’s character, Bella, is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen (Pattinson), but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with Jacob Black (Lautner). Hers is a world where werewolves and vampires intersect.

Fan appreciation: An estimated 3,000 screaming fans were present. Some traveled from as far away as Canada, Minnesota and Florida to catch a glimpse of the New Moon stars. “I don’t think most people will get to experience something quite like this,” said Pattinson, who was flanked by bodyguards. Stewart also had heavy security on the carpet. “This is what you work for,” she said, looking at the crowd. “The only reason we make movies is because we care about people.” Said Facinelli: “We’re just blessed to have a really strong fan base. I’m a fan of the books, so I know where it comes from.” Fanning knew what to expect: “I’ve never been a part of something this big before. I heard what it was like last time, so I was prepared.”

Best fan signs: “Team whatever I can get,” “Team Ed-cob. Why not have both?” “Team Jacob, cuz real men don’t sparkle,” “Jasper: I’d cut myself in front of you any day.” And yes, there were even naughtier signs.

Sound man: “I learned my lesson from the first premiere,” said Lutz, who then admitted, “I have earplugs, but I left them at home. They were bright orange.” As for his character, “Emmett is so happy-go-lucky. But when stuff hits the fan, he steps in and takes care of business.”

Surreal moment: “I just feel really grateful,” Reed said. “I totally feel like I don’t deserve this much attention. I want to tell them that I shouldn’t even be in this film.”

Star prep time: “This morning, I went to In-N-Out for breakfast,” Pattinson said, adding, “Pretty exciting!” Reed took a two-hour hike in the morning to work on her nerves. “I’m constantly nervous! I’m always nervous!”

[From USA Today]

Unlike the other New Moon events in Europe last week, it looks like Taylor, Kristen and Sparkles didn?t do a lot of posing together on the red carpet. So, no longing, sexy looks between Sparkles and Kristen, unfortunately. I guess we?ll have to comfort ourselves in the knowledge that Sparkles took a shower. Thank God.

Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, 50 cent and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are all seen on the red carpet for ?New Moon? on November 16, 2009. Credit for all: WENN.

Jennifer Love Hewitt photos
Jennifer Love Hewitt videos
Jennifer Love Hewitt news

50 cent photos
50 cent news

Kristen Stewart photos
Kristen Stewart videos
Kristen Stewart news

NOV
50 Cent Shows His 'Softer Side' In 'Baby By Me' Video, Fans Say
50 Cent Shows His 'Softer Side' In 'Baby By Me' Video, Fans Say
Destiny's Child alum Kelly Rowland is a hit in the clip: 'It's nice to see her out there.'By Adam Murphy

50 cent in his "Baby By Me" video

Photo: Interscope

50 cent talks a big game in his songs, relaying his tales from the street to his eager fans. And when you think "50 cent music video," you'd probably expect a similarly tough take.

50 cent photos
50 cent news

OCT
50 Cent laments his diamond purchases during bad economy
Added 14 years agoSource: CeleBitchy
50 Cent laments his diamond purchases during bad economy
I don?t really care one way or another about 50 cent, but this interview had me laughing. 50 cent is lamenting his constant diamond purchases in this troubled economy. He explains that he buys diamonds on ?a very regular basis? but he?s finding it difficult to justify new diamond purchases without first selling off some of his older pieces. Now, here?s the thing - 50 cent is ridiculously rich. He?s richer beyond nearly every rap star. He?s at the Jay-Z/Madonna/Paul McCartney level of rich. And it?s not even from his music! It was his endorsement deal (and stock percentage) of Vitamin Water that made him insanely rich - many estimates have 50 cent banking somewhere in the neighborhood of $300-400 million through an amazingly smart endorsement deal. So? I guess I have to admit that he might be a good businessman. But is he smart enough to be Obama?s economic advisor? 50 cent thinks so:

50 cent, real name Curtis Jackson, confessed he had lost ?a few million? from his estimated worth of 270 million.

However he said aspiring business tycoons should learn from his financial prowess and even offered to give US President Barack Obama a hand running the American economy.

?The credit crunch has hit rap,? he said.

?I buy diamonds on a very regular basis, but now I am selling my old stuff before I get something new. These are times when you learn about the value of money.?

The 34-year-old, who is starring in British crime movie Dead Man Running, said it was inevitable that rich people like him would lose money in the current economic climate.

?If you don?t lose money in this recession, it means you didn?t have enough to start off with,? 50 cent said.

?Sure, I lost a few million, but that?s because I have so much. This is a time that will sort out the strong from the weak.?

?Any businessman who wants a piece of the future should learn for me. Obama is great. If he wants me as his financial adviser that would be cool.?

[From The Telegraph]

He learns about the value of money through his diamond purchases? Look, Mr. Cent, I?m not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, but please don?t talk about your diamond purchases anymore. You come across as totally oblivious to the real struggles millions of people are facing.

In other 50 cent news, he?s about to release his directorial debut with Before I Self-Destruct. It?s being released on DVD, as part of package deal with 50 cent?s new album of the same name. In addition to the DVD and CD, there will also be a ?a limited-edition deluxe version? with a second DVD documentary produced by 50 cent called Two Turntables and a Microphone: The Life and Death of Jam Master Jay. According to 50 cent, Jam Master Jay was one of his mentors. 50 seems to want to broaden his film work. He told The Mail on Sunday (story via OK! Magazine): ?I want to play the lead in a romantic movie. Jessica Alba would be my perfect co-star ? what man wouldn?t want to do a romantic movie with her?? Oh, pick me, I have the answer!

Here?s 50 cent with Jamelia at the premiere of ‘Dead Man Running’ held at the Odeon Leicester Square in London on October 22nd. Images thanks to WENN.com .

50 cent photos
50 cent news

SEP
50 Cent Fans Get Heated About Fif's #9 Hottest MCs Ranking
50 Cent Fans Get Heated About Fif's #9 Hottest MCs Ranking
'This is absolutely ridiculous!' one reader says of the G-Unit General's placement.By Shaheem Reid

50 cent

Photo: G-Unit

50 cent has always been a lightning rod for controversy, so when the MTV News Hip-Hop Brain Trust put Fif at #9 on the Hottest MCs in the Game list, the fans immediately wrote in with passionate responses.

50 cent photos
50 cent news

SEP
50 Cent Finally Celebrates 40 Day In Queens
50 Cent Finally Celebrates 40 Day In Queens
G-Unit perform a set full of mixtape tracks at free neighborhood event on Saturday.By Shaheem Reid

50 cent performs in Queens, New York on Saturday

Photo: Rahman Dukes/MTV News

QUEENS, New York — 50 cent finally had his day — as in his 40 Day, the block party he had originally planned for last month in his neighborhood of Southside Jamaica. It was postponed after weeks of promotion because the rap megastar was unable to get the proper permits from the city. But on Saturday (September 26), he had all the proper paperwork.

Over 2,500 people came to the yard by P.S. 40, according to security officials for the 50 cent/ G-Unit-sponsored event. No heavy prior promotion was made. A few flyers were passed out on Friday, but most of the traffic for the event was due to word of mouth. Even LLoyd Banks said he didn't know about the function until about 3 a.m. on Saturday, when he received a text message from someone in their organization telling him to show up.

50 cent photos
50 cent news

AUG
Eminem Pulls Ahead Of 50 Cent To Lead Hottest MCs Poll
Eminem Pulls Ahead Of 50 Cent To Lead Hottest MCs Poll
We take a look at the latest vote tally in Off the Dome.By Shaheem Reid

Eminem

Photo: Jeff Kravitz/ FilmMagic

Marshall Mathers has an army of supporters, and thanks to them, Eminem has risen to the top of the fan voting in our Hottest MC poll. With 40 percent of the votes thus far, he's pulled ahead of Joe Budden and 50 cent, who had been the leading vote getters in the weeks since we opened the poll. Now that those votes are being factored into this year's official list, it seems fans are aware that the stakes are higher.

50 cent photos
50 cent news

JUN
50 Cent Takes Us On A Ride To Hear War Angel LP
50 Cent Takes Us On A Ride To Hear <i>War Angel LP</i>
Fif says fans are 'ready' for harder material, like new street album.By Shaheem Reid

50 cent

NEW YORK — The ride to 25th Street from the G-Unit offices outside of Times Square in 50 cent's SUV wasn't long enough — the G-Unit General needed a little more time to play his record.

Outside of his camp, nobody had heard a lick of material from his street album, War Angel LP (which became available for download Tuesday), and he was eager to preview a few tracks for MTV News. Fif sat in his seat and pressed a button. Up came a huge flat screen from behind his manager Chris Lighty, who was seated facing 50 in the four-passenger SUV.

The screen displayed the Internet, not TV. Fif is big on the Web, if you haven't noticed. He said the traffic on his Web site, ThisIs50.com, has doubled since he started responding to Rick Ross' disses earlier this year with comebacks like his popular "Pimpin' Curly" skits.

50 cent is bigger in music, however. He said his Before I Self Destruct is just about perfect. He would put it out before its September due date, but he wants that setup time. Don't think he'll be waiting for Interscope Records to come up with marketing plans. The Queens native knows exactly what to do to get his fans in line. 50 was planning to drop another gem on the mixtape circuit, and he delivered in grand fashion, debuting War Angel LP on Funkmaster Flex's Hot 97 radio show.

Why did Fif decide to bring War Angel to radio instead of just posting it online like a normal mixtape? "Because it's made like an LP," 50 said. Besides getting people geared up for his album, 50 has an important mission: bringing hardcore rap back to the forefront. He said hip-hop is getting too watered-down, and he's tired of every hit record having someone singing the hook.

"It's not like they don't feel the difference in the material and the content also," 50 said of New York's Hot 97, hinting that the station is eager to get some quality, harder-edge records to put in rotation. "They're ready for it. You gonna see by the response."

50 recorded War Angel in just three days, and in less than two weeks, he was ready to give it to the masses.

"This material, I felt it fits the summer," he said. "The whole vibe. I used the War Angel title for it [because] I read a comic book through Marvel Comics. The guy who created it, he's done 'Nightmare on Elm Street' and illustrations I'm familiar with. He created this concept: War Angel. God created these angels to create war. It's necessary on some level. I took the concept. It's kinda from the perspective I grew up under.

"This one was exciting for me," he added with a grin. "I have [writing] spurts. Like when I did [the original version of] The Massacre. I recorded the album in three days. It was like this [with War Angel]: two-verse songs. No third verse is on these records."

As the SUV pulled up to Hot 97, he and his squadron arrived a little early, so he can play some of the music. The beat for "C.R.E.A.M. 2009" bum-rushed out of the speakers in a rampage.

"It's a cycle, creatively," Fif said. "It was a lot of soft music, a lot of lighthearted music, then DMX came out. Then it was like, 'That's what I'm talking about.' 'Get at Me Dog,' it was that material that had that energy around it, then it got all lighthearted and soft all over again. Then there was 50 cent, and that went on for five years. It's different points. When I give them hard, they feel like something's getting ready to happen, like somebody is going to get hurt. When I start to show them some of the things I'm familiar with, based on my upbringing, they go, 'Wow.' Like 'A Psychic Told Me,' that type of vibe, they start going, 'This is not good. Somebody is going to get hurt.' Then I fall back off, because I know it's too much for them. It's too much from an entertainment perspective. ... You gotta lighten up just to have an opportunity to make that real material."

Once he was upstairs on Flex's show, the DJ asked about everything from Rick Ross to Diddy, who 50 divulged wanted $2 million a few years ago to let Mase record on G-Unit Records. Obviously, that deal didn't happen; 50 said Mase wasn't worth it. He also gave his opinion on Lil Wayne and Drake.

"I think he's cool," Fif said of Weezy. "He's in a good space. They got some heat going. Drake is coming up. I heard Jay got him on a single? That was fast. That was ill. For him to put him on a single, that's ill. I don't know if he's rhyming or singing. The fact that he's on it, that was a fast come-up. Jay won't even rap on his own artists' records."

After Flex, Fif returned to the G-Unit office to shoot a video for the mixtape with Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo. No spoilers here, but we can tell you that Fif did get in a costume.

"While a lot of them is sleeping, I'm up working," 50 said with a grin, moments before his team would push the button so fans could download War Angel LP for free on ThisIs50.com. "We'll be here working all night."

50 cent photos
50 cent news

Page 3 of 4Jump 10 pages backwards    Previous Page    1  2  3  4      Next Page

Photos Online
+ 4.720 past week
Users Online
Birthdays Today
Erin Andrews (46)
Leni Klum (20)
We Salute
Rihanna

Photos of Rihanna will not count in your daily view limit, if you are a registered member

Tribute ends in
5 days

Home | Sign Up | Privacy Statement | Suggest new Gallery | Contact BestEyeCandy.com